Easy Thai Peanut Crusted Chicken Recipe
Thai peanut-crusted chicken is easy to prepare with a nutritious and delicious chicken recipe. It is nutritious as it has the protein and nutrients of poultry and nuts combined. It is delicious as it has savory ingredients along with the balanced spice and taste of Thai green curry paste and black pepper powder. It is shallow fried so less oil is used to prepare it. It can be consumed as an appetizer, for breakfast, and as a light meal. Children and adults love it alike. Let us look at the ingredients needed for this delicious recipe and then we will move on to the preparation part.
Ingredients for Thai Peanut Crusted Chicken Recipe
- Boneless chicken (500gms)
- One finely beaten egg
- Paprika Powder ½ teaspoon
- Black Pepper Powder ½ teaspoon
- OrientAsian Thai Green Curry Paste (2 tablespoons)
- OrientAsian Soya sauce (2 tablespoons)
- Olive, Soyabean, Palm, or Peanut Oil (Any one of them will suffice)
- Roasted and crushed peanuts (200 gms)
- Salt as per taste
Preparation of Thai Peanut Chicken
- Clean and dice the boneless chicken thoroughly.
- Put the chicken pieces in a bowl.
- Add ½ teaspoon black pepper powder and paprika powder each.
- Add 2 tablespoon OrientAsian Thai Green Curry Paste to the chicken.
- Add 1 tablespoon OrientAsian Soya Sauce to the mixture.
- Add salt as per taste.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Now add the beaten egg to the marinated chicken and mix well again.
- Pour 4 tablespoons of oil in a wide-brimmed shallow pan. Put the flame to medium until the oil gets warm.
- Coat the chicken in roasted crushed peanut pieces.
- Place them in the hot oil for frying.
- Flip every two minutes.
- Continue till the chicken gets a nice golden color.
- Thai peanut crusted chicken is ready.
- Serve hot with sliced onions and Orientasian green chili sauce or Schezwan Chutney.
So, this was the recipe for Thai peanut chicken. For a change, you can add flour and bread crumbs to the crushed peanuts for an extra crispy peanut chicken.