Broccoli ━ originated from the Italian word ‘Broccolo’ and is actually a member of the cabbage family. A sort of salad item, broccoli is a delicious vegetable rich in dozens of nutrients. When we think about a balanced and moderate diet, broccoli is the first vegetable item that comes to mind.
Say your dietitian has planned a diet chart for you and has added at least one broccoli flower in a day. Eating raw or boiled broccoli can be boring after a while, thus you search for delicious broccoli recipes to satisfy your taste buds.
Have you ever considered adding broccoli into egg fried rice? Or tossing broccoli pieces with carrot and chickpeas to make a healthy broccoli salad? There are several delectable and easy to cook broccoli dishes for non-boring and healthy meals.
It is time to add little twists and colours to add some extra nutrients and taste to broccoli. Our best broccoli salad recipes will help you level up your energy level because broccoli is a bonafide partner on your dining table.
Let’s not waste time and dig into the mouth-watering broccoli recipes that will enhance your taste buds while retaining all the nutrients.
Easy Broccoli Recipes For Healthy and Instant Meal
Have you ever thought about what you can do with a bunch of broccoli? You can create a lot more than just a boiled or raw broccoli salad.
Whether you are inviting guests for dinner or need to prepare it for you for your daily meals, these broccoli salad recipes are yummy, healthy and look beautiful when served perfectly.
Sauteed broccoli is one of the most simple broccoli recipes with a delicious taste. Thanks to the clove, garlic and dry chilli flakes. Let’s check out the procedure to make this broccoli salad.
- 1 pound broccoli
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large chopped clove of garlic
- Chilli flakes
- Kosher salt to taste
- Cut the broccoli into small pieces, and reserve the stalks.
- Peel the stalks and cut them into 1-2 inch thick slices.
- Take a large pot of salted water, and cook the broccoli until crisp-tender.
- Drain out the water and wash the boiled broccoli under cold running water.
- Heat the oil over medium flame, add garlic and saute until it turns golden.
- Add chilli flakes and broccoli and heat over high flame.
- Toss continuously.
- Add salt and serve immediately.
Broccoli and Grape Salad
The crunchy broccoli pairs well with grapes, nuts and cranberries. The mayonnaise-based dressing gives it an extra creamy texture. Among all broccoli salad recipes, it is the healthiest one.
- 1 cup broccoli
- A handful of grapes, nuts and cranberries
- Sugar, salt and pepper
- Apple cider vinegar
- For this broccoli salad, chop all items into small pieces and mix them in a large bowl.
- Add mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper to another bowl and mix well.
- Pour the creamy mixture over the chopped ingredients and get everything coated well.
- Transfer it to a serving dish and set it in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- Serve chilled broccoli salad and enjoy.
Brown-butter Broccoli is a type of broccoli salad with a burst of fresh flavour. It requires fewer ingredients and time. This is why it is one of the favourite broccoli recipes for many people.
- 1 fresh bunch of chopped broccoli
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 1 lemon
- Steam broccoli on the stove or microwave.
- Drain out the water from the broccoli and set it aside.
- Heat the pan on medium flame
- Add butter and cook until it turns slightly brown.
- Now add broccoli to the heated butter and toss until it brown
- Serve it with lemon.
Simple Broccoli Salad
Looking for a simple broccoli recipe? Broccoli salad is the simplest and instant recipe. Made with fresh broccoli, tossed with roasted almonds and topped with honey vinegar dressing. It is among the best broccoli recipes for summer checkouts and picnics.
- 5-6 cups of fresh broccoli florets
- ½ cup of toasted silver almond
- ½ cup of cooked, crumbled bacon
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup honey
- Boil broccoli in the salted water for 1-2 minutes.
- Drain it once it’s cooked and put it under the cool water.
- Dry it well to remove excess moisture.
- Mix mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar and honey in a bowl and whisk it well.
- Mix broccoli, almonds, crumbled bacon, chopped onion and peas in a large serving bowl.
- Add mayonnaise mixture to the salad and mix well.
- Your broccoli salad is ready to serve.
Yummy Summer Broccoli Salad
It is the most surprising dish among other broccoli salad recipes on the list. This yummy broccoli salad includes an interesting combination of fruits, veggies, and meat.
- 2 heads of fresh chopped broccoli
- ½ pound bacon
- 1 small chopped red onion
- ¾ cups raisins
- ¾ cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons white wine sugar
- Heat a deep pan and cook bacon on medium-high heat for 7-10 minutes or until evenly browned. Leave it for some time to get it cool.
- Now mix chopped onion and broccoli into the bacon with raisins, and almonds and mix well.
- To prepare the dress, whisk mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar together until it gets smooth.
- Now pour the dressing on the mixture and toss well.
- Now your broccoli salad is ready to serve.
- Chill it before serving, if required.
All the broccoli salad recipes discussed above are easy to make and healthy. If you follow all the steps, you will get a mouth-watering dish.
Moreover, if you want to add a spicy twist to your salad, you can add curry paste to your broccoli salad. Orient Asian has a variety of curry pastes of different flavours from all around the world, such as Sri Lankan Curry, Malaysian Curry, Red Chilli Paste, etc. Blended with rich flavoured spices and fresh herbs, this is the most delectable ready-to-eat kitchen item to enhance your taste buds.