Does your mouth start drooling when you think of scrumptious pasta? People try different pasta to quench their hunger for this delicious dish. For example, some people love eating red sauce pasta, some like white sauce pasta, and others like to have pasta lasagna. However, the most luscious pasta that becomes the cock of the walk is Pasta Bolognese. Whether it’s a lunch, dinner, or party, pasta bolognese is the perfect dish to rock the day. In fact, a well-made pasta with red chilli paste or sauce will bring life’s finest pleasure to you. Bolognese pasta is super easy and a true Italian classic.
Regardless of age or gender, pasta bolognese is for everyone who wants to enjoy its delicious taste. Do you want to know its quick recipe? In this blog, we’re going to highlight a detailed recipe for pasta bolognese. Before we talk about the recipe, let us give you an overview of bolognese below.
What is bolognese sauce?
Bolognese is an Italian pasta sauce, which is basically made with ground beef, tomatoes, onion, and fresh herbs. Since it contains beef, it is known as an Italian meat sauce that originated in the city of Bologna. Well, this is more than a simple pasta sauce because it has a depth of flavour you get from cooking all the ingredients and letting the sauce simmer so it becomes thick, rich, and exuberant. Let’s discuss the ingredients required for making bolognese sauce.
Ingredients you need for bolognese sauce
- 1 beef stock cube
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 tomatoes sliced in half
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 medium carrot and chopped onion
- 2×400 tins of plum tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 125 ml red wine (this is optional)
- 1 red chilli finely chopped (optional)
- Small pack basil leaves ¾ finely chopped and rest left for garnishing
Steps to make bolognese sauce
- Take a large skillet or pan and heat the oil on medium flame. Add all the required veggies and saute until all the vegetables are cooked, for about 5 minutes.
- Add beef and stir with a spoon and cook until the meat turns pink.
- Now add tomato puree, wine, fresh bay leaves, and oregano. Lower the flame and let it cook for 30 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
And here your sauce is ready to be served with pasta.
Let’s move ahead and talk about the ingredients required for making pasta and the steps you need to follow to make it.
Ingredients you need for preparing pasta
- A bowl of boiled pasta
- ¼ of virgin olive oil
- One onion (chopped)
- One carrot (chopped)
- ¼ ground beef
- ¼ ground pork
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- ¾ cup of white wine
- One bay leaf
- ½ cup of dried thyme
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- ½ cup of heavy white cream
- One cup of chopped tomatoes
- One cup milk
- Fresh basil leaves for serving
- Red chilli paste
Instructions to follow to make pasta bolognese
Here is a step by step directions you need to follow to make delicious, mouth-watering, and luscious pasta bolognese.
Take a large pot or pan of salted water to boil pasta. Make sure to boil the pasta after reading the instruction mentioned on the package.
Now take a big pan and add one tablespoon of olive oil. Add onion, tomatoes, garlic, carrot, and other veggies to the pan and cook over moderate heat. Keep stirring until the vegetables are softened, and cook for about 8-10 minutes. Take the vegetable mixture into a large bowl.
In this step, you need to add 2-3 tablespoons of oil and heat until shimmering. Now add beef and pork and cook over high heat until they turn barely brown. Since meat takes a lot of time, make sure to cook it until it gets softened and turns out pink.
Now you have to return all the cooked veggies into a saucepan. Also, add garlic and cook over high heat until it turns brown.
Once everything is cooked, add white wine and stir occasionally. You can also add milk, and sauce pure one by one and stir it thoroughly for about 2-3 minutes.
Now add thyme leaves, and bay leaves, and add a pinch of salt and black pepper to bring the ultimate taste. Also, add the bolognese sauce that you made.
Now cover the pan with a lid and let it cook on moderately low heat for 30 minutes. You can discard bay leaves and add white cream and stir it so that each pasta gets drenched in the cream.
It’s time to add the boiled pasta into the saucepan and stir it into the sauce you prepared. Let the pasta cook for about 5-10 minutes.
Once the pasta is cooked thoroughly, serve it in a bowl with bolognese sauce and garnish it with fresh basil leaves.
Some important tips to remember
- The bolognese sauce can be refrigerated for up to 3 days after cooking. It means you can make bolognese sauce in advance and then cook the pasta whenever you’re ready.
- If you don’t add ground beef, you can substitute it with ground chicken
- You can use any kind of pasta with this recipe.
- Make sure the vegetables you use for pasta should be fresh
Pasta bolognese is a delicious and mouth-watering recipe for any age group or gender. If you haven’t tried this recipe, you must give it a shot now. Not only is the recipe tasty, but also healthy. Also, if you want to bring the best taste and flavour to your pasta recipe, try it with curry paste. OrientAsian is a leading provider of curry paste. Whether you want curry pasta, Thai Green Curry paste, red chilli paste, or any other, you get every type of paste from OrientAsian. We provide the most traditional and authentic flavour at a reasonable price.