Planning a kitty party or guests coming over for dinner tonight? These little get-togethers provide a sense of excitement, small talk and a lot of laughter. However, when you are hosting a function it may get difficult to come up with a dish that is fulfilling, tasty, easy to cook and loved by everyone. Don’t worry! As we are here to assist you with a scrumptious Indo-Chinese recipe for dry paneer chilli.
Indo-Chinese is a cuisine in itself and is hugely popular in India. Chilli paneer is one of the most common dishes of this clan, it’s the Indian version of Chinese food. A dry paneer chilli is prepared in soya sauce, vinegar, garlic, chilli paste and spices, this dish is aromatic and delicious. In fact, it’s so popular that you don’t have to worry if people would like the dish or not. After all, who doesn’t love a hot bowl of chilli paneer with fried rice or noodles?
Strive along with the blog if you are looking forward to finding out the recipe for dry paneer chilli. This dish would not only go well as a side dish but you can add it as a snack. Here is the tasteful recipe that would make your friend and family drool over the dry paneer chilli dish.
Ingredients Required While Preparing For Chilli Paneer Recipe
Chilli paneer is a tasty dish that is least time-consuming, it would hardly takes 30 to 40 minutes to prepare the dish. Also, the ingredients are easily available and you can grab them from the market nearby. Chilli paneer is prepared in different stages, where you prepare the batter, fry the cottage cheese and prepare the final sauce. We have listed ingredients that would help you differentiate between every stage of preparation of dry paneer chilli.
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon ginger paste
- ½ teaspoon of garlic paste
- ¼ teaspoon Kashmiri red chilli powder/ chilli paste
- ¼ teaspoon crushed black pepper or black pepper powder
- salt as per your taste
- ¼ cup water or add as required
For Frying Paneer (Cottage Cheese)
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 250 grams Paneer (cut into cubes)
For Chilli Paneer’s Gravy
- 2 small spring onions (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped ginger
- 2 to 3 green chillies – slit
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 small to medium capsicum
- 1 teaspoon red chilli paste
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper powder
- ½ to 1 teaspoon sugar, as per requirement
- ½ teaspoon Kashmiri red chilli powder
- salt as per taste
- ½ to ⅔ cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 to 3 tablespoons water for dissolving corn flour
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon vinegar – optional
- 2 to 3 spring onion greens (for garnishing)
Once you have gathered all the ingredients of dry paneer chilli, it’s time to get started with the preparation.
Preparation Method Of Chilli Paneer
There are typically two types of chilli paneer recipes – the dry paneer chilli and gravy chilli paneer. The dry version is used as an appetiser while the gravy could tag along well with rice, noodles, and bread. Here is the finger-licking recipe for chilli paneer for you and your guests,
- Cut paneer into cubes. Add 3 tablespoons cornstarch, and 3 tablespoons flour along with salt, and pepper.
- Add water to make a wet batter, it should neither be thick nor thin. Add a little less than 1/2 cup of water. Meanwhile, heat oil in a wok on medium heat to deep fry the cottage cheese.
- Dip paneer cubes into the wet batter.
- Add them to hot oil.
- Fry until the paneer pieces get golden brown and crispy. Drain the excess oil on a paper towel.
The preparation process for sauce
Meanwhile, in a measuring jar or bowl, add soy sauce, vinegar, green chilli sauce, tomato ketchup and sugar (if required). Stir until the sauce is mixed well, and let it sit. Also, mix 1 tablespoon of cornstarch with 3 tablespoons of water until cornstarch dissolves completely.
- Heat sesame oil or vegetable oil in a wok on medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the ginger, garlic, celery, chilli paste and green chilli. Saute for a minute.
- Add the chopped onion and peppers.
- Cook for 2 minutes. Remember to keep the veggies crunchy, so you should cook them on high heat.
- Add in the prepared sauce and mix while lowering the heat to medium.
- Then add in the cornstarch slurry. Mix well, until the sauce thickens. Add an additional 3 to 4 tablespoons of water or as per the requirement.
- Stir in the fried paneer cubes. Toss and properly combine the paneer with the chilli sauce.
- Turn off the heat and garnish with green onions or scallions.
Serve the sizzling hot chilli paneer with noodles or fried rice. This dish is not only meant for snacking and street foods, but you can enjoy it as a full meal that is fulfilling and tasty.
Pro Tip –
There is no doubt that a dish tastes best when it is made with love. However, one thing that is equally important for making dry paneer chilli is – Its Ingredients. Buying good quality paneer, chilli paste etc can enhance the flavour of your dish ten folds. At OrientAsian we provide a variety of curry pastes to enhance the flavour of any dish.
As stated earlier, preparing a restaurant-style chilli paneer recipe means you need to gather some of the quality ingredients from OrientAsian as it would provide a dense aroma and flavour of spices and chilli paste. We prepare curry paste, with blended spices that are proportionately mixed to provide a perfect taste to your dry paneer chilli recipe. Along with a chilli paste for chilli paneer, we have a variety of sauces for you to choose from. Select your favourite from Indonesian curry paste, red chilli paste, Thai green paste etc. Once you have successfully prepared the dish, we are awaiting a snap and your experience.