Quick & Healthy Veg Noodles Recipe
Give you and your family the joy of taste and home-made cuisines with this easy veg noodles recipe from OrientAsian.
Enjoy effortless cooking vegan noodle recipe for a speedy midweek meal. Our flavour-packed easy noodle recipe with fewer ingredients can be used along with many dishes like Aloo Manchurian, Cabbage Manchurian, Bread Manchurian, Chilli Bread, Crispy Corn, Paneer Manchurian dry, Veg Manchurian gravy, Baby Corn Manchurian, Idli Manchurian, Gobi Manchurian.
Here is a detailed veg noodles recipe to guide you through cooking tasty, healthy, and an easy noodle recipe with few ingredients. It is a straightforward vegan noodles recipe made with simple plain wheat noodles is an accessible indo Chinese version of noodles recipe made with a generous amount of chopped vegetables. It is an ideal lunch box or tiffin box recipe for both kids and adults and can also be served as an evening snack to help your cravings.
Here we will give bit by bit veg noodles recipe. Noodles have been simplified and favourite for treating food cravings of Indians about Indo-Chinese food recipes. There are horde approaches to make an astounding and veg noodles recipe, which principally varies in taste with sauces and garnishes added to it. One such healthy and no extravagant easy-to-cook noodles-based method is veg noodles formula made with essential sauces. You can make vegan noodles as your evening snacks. Particularly the combination of Manchurian gravy with stir fry noodles or rice is personally preferred by most Indians. You may cook and love simple noodles without much fancy sauce and spices in it as well. It is healthy yet effortless, and no time in preparations, so you can frequently cook them for lunch boxes or as an evening snack. You can cook it soupy with more water in it, similar to noodle soup, or like it to be spicy with a topping of Schezwan sauce on it. You can boil the noodles and separate them in portions and proceed further with your required toppings and seasoning as per your preference. And would also recommend you guys try it with any choice of the Manchurian dish with noodles or fried rice.
Here we will provide you some tips, suggestions, variations for a perfect vegan noodle recipe. To achieve the best and restaurant like the taste,
- Use long shelf dry noodles in this veg noodles recipe. You can use any noodle pack available at your nearest shop.
- Wash the noodles thoroughly before using it.
- Feel free to add any veggie of your choice of desired quantity and size to make your dish healthier.
- Stir fry all the veggies on high flame properly to enhance its taste and give it a smoky and crispy flavor.
- Keep an eye on noodles while boiling them, do not overcook them; otherwise, it may get mushy and start breaking.
- You can use noodles of any brand of your choice and refer package instruction to know the cooking time.
- Vegan noodles recipe tastes excellent when the right amount of sauce is added.
How to cook vegetable noodles | Manchurian noodle recipe|
Easy noodle recipe with few ingredients:
Ingredients needed as per serving of 2 people:
Note- tbsp- tablespoon (15mL), tsp-tea spoon (5 mL)
FOR BOILING NOODLES:
- 6 cup of water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp oil
- 125 grams of noodles
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 clove finely chopped garlic
- 1 inch finely chopped ginger
- 1 chili, slit
- ½ sliced onion
- 2 tbsp chopped spring onion
- ½ chopped carrot
- ¼ chopped green Capsicum
- 5 chopped snow pea
- 5 chopped beans
- ¼ chopped red Capsicum
- 5 florets broccoli
- 3 tbsp shredded cabbage
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp Orientasian red chilli paste
- ¼ tsp pepper powder
- Salt as per your taste.
- First of all, take a large vessel and add 6 cup water, 1 tsp salt, and 1 tsp oil.
- Please wait for the water to boil, and then add a pack of Hakka noodles (125 gm) into it.
- Boil the noodles for approx. 3 minutes or till it turns al dente (cooked to be still firm when bitten).You may refer to the package instructions to know the exact cooking time.
- Drain off the water from noodles and drizzle 1 cup of cold water to prevent it from overcooking.
- Drizzle 1 tsp oil and mix it gently to avoid noodles from sticking to each other and then keep them aside to rest.
- Now in a large hollow utensil heat 2 tbsp oil and saute 2 clove garlic, 1-inch ginger, and 1 chili in it.
- Sauté ½ onion, 2 tbsp spring onion on high flame.
- Further add ½ carrot, ¼ green Capsicum, 5 snow pea, 5 beans, chopped, ¼ red Capsicum, and 5 florets broccoli.
- Stir fry on high flame for 2 minutes or until veggies are cooked yet retain their crunch and attain a smoky flavor.
- Also, add 3 tbsp cabbage and stir fry it with the prepared mixture.
- Further add 2 tbsp tomato sauce, 1 tbsp soya sauce, 1 tbsp vinegar, 1 tbsp Orienatsian Red Chilli Paste, ¼ tsp pepper powder and salt to taste.
- Stir fry the mixture until sauces are well combined.
- Add the boiled noodles and mix gently. Toss and mix them well until noodles are cooked thoroughly.
- Finally, garnish some spring onion and enjoy your smooth and tasty vegan noodle recipe or say Manchurian noodle recipe.
Additional tips and cooking hacks
Make your sauce
This may not sound like a “hack,” but its way easier to do than most people think. All you need are four ingredients garlic, olive oil, basil, and a large can of whole plum tomatoes. Use a salad spinner to rid the vegetables of their seeds before you get cooking. Heat six cloves of crushed garlic with some olive oil, add in the tomatoes and cook for 10 to 15 minutes. Add the basil at the very end. Here you have a very healthy and home-made red tomato sauce. To break down tomatoes in the sauce, smash them by hand, or use the same wooden spoon to stir it.You can also save your time and hassle and instead opt for our Momo sauce / Momo chutney.
Use the right amount of water.
Using too little water can cause noodles to clump while cooking, using six quarts of water for each pound of pasta. Use more water than you think you’ll need, but not so much that the utensil overspills while boiling.
Don’t add olive oil
Many people believe that adding olive oil to the water will keep the noodles from sticking together. Adding olive oil can also prevent the sauce from adhering, which keeps ingredients separate that should meld together.
Add salt at the right time
Only a pinch won’t do it. To truly bring out the noodles’ flavour, add one tablespoon of salt per quart of water. Wait until the water is boiling, but before you’ve put in the noodles. This allows the salt grains to infuse the water, devoid of affecting the boiling time.
Turn off the flame and cover the utensil
Rather than boil the water until the noodle is entirely ready, let the water arrive at boiling, turn off the heat, cover the pot and wait for seven minutes. This will help you save energy, and steam will enhance the flavor of your noodles.
Add some sugar to your sauce
A touch of sugar can help balance out the flavor of your sauce. Add a pinch of sugar to your sauce. It tones down the acidity and keeps it from tasting too bitter.
Use the pasta water
Doesn’t drain out that water, after you’ve transferred the noodles a splash of starchy pasta water on the noodles and sauce, will bind the two together.
As you can see this veg noodles recipe is extremely easy to make and very healthy. An easy and delicious way to get your kids to eat their vegetables. Apart from this spicy noodles recipe, there are various other easy evening snacks recipe and dinner recipes on our Asian food recipes page like Brinjal curry recipe, Cheese corn balls recipe, etc. Also we have different blogs related to recipes like veg sandwich recipes, veg dinner recipes, paneer curry recipes, etc.