Give your taste buds a treat by following this Thai Brinjal Curry recipe. Brinjals, Aubergines or Eggplant are available years round, but they are best eaten during winters. These are quite versatile and can be used to make entrees or mains. We usually go for the typical preparation of Bajare Baigan or Baigan Barta or the Bengali specialty Baigana Bhajaa. Brinjal is used extensively in Thai Cuisine and we will prepare a variation of the Thai brinjal curry recipe. Since it’s a slightly tangy and mildly spicy curry we will pair it with coconut rice, which adds balance to our Thai Brinjal Curry with its creamy texture and adds a beautiful coconut flavour to the dish.
Prep Time Cook Time Serves
15 mins 30 mins 1-2 Persons
Ingredients Of Thai Brinjal Curry Recipe
- 4-5 Brinjal (sliced)
- 2-3 cloves garlic(chopped)
- 1 small onion(diced)
- 2 tsp OrientAsian Thai Green Curry Paste
- 2 tsp tamarind water
- 1 ½ tsp garam masala powder
- 3 tsp oil
- Salt to taste
- ¼ cup water
For Coconut Rice
- 4-5 karffir lime leaves
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 ¼ cup water
- 1 cup rice (washed and kept aside)
- Salt to taste
- Marinate the sliced brinjal with salt, 1 tsp garam masala and 1 tsp oil.
- Set it aside.Marinate the sliced brinjal with salt, 1 tsp garam masala and 1 tsp oil.
- Set it aside. In a pan heat 1tsp oil and fry the brinjal for 2 min on each side.
- Take the brinjal out of the pan and keep aside.
- Now in the same pan add remaining 1 tsp oil and added slice garlic.
- Once the garlic begins to change colour add the diced onions. Add some salt and ½ tsp garam masala.
- Sauté them for a couple min and add. Now add the tamarind water.
- After it’s cooked for 2 min add 2 tsp of the OrientAsian Thai Green Curry Sauce.
- Add ¼ cup water. Let the curry simmer.
- Take it off the stove once done. In a wok take 1 cup coconut milk and 1 ¼ water, add kaffir lime leaves.
- When this mix begins to simmer add the rice and mix well. Add salt to taste.
- Now cover the wok and let the rice cook on medium flame.
- The rice will take about 10-14 min to cook.
Plate the rice and set the fried brinjal next to the rice and pour the curry on top of the brinjal. Serve Hot. If Brinjal is not one of the vegetables you eat, then by all means replace it slivered okra or sliced potatoes, only potatoes will take longer to cook. Do follow the same process of frying the vegetables. Nov- veg lovers can replace the veg with chunks of boneless chicken or prawn. Coconut rice can be enjoyed by itself with some interesting pickles on the side. Enjoy the delectable taste of this dish by simply following this Thai Brinjal Curry Recipe
What People Say...
“ Tried Thai Green Curry paste and was literally bowled over by its authentic traditional Thai taste. To my surprise, the contents of the paste were 100% vegetarian. ”
“ The easy-to-use red chilli paste is my queen ingredient for all kinds of spicy dips, spreads and curry base. ”
“ My Malaysian chicken curry was an instant hit with all the guests who were not only pleased with its smooth texture but its rich aroma too. ”
“ My friend recommended OrientAsian's curry pastes and so I decided to try them out. I must say I am addicted to them and keep going back for more. They are just so delicious! ”