Thai Brinjal Curry Recipe
15 mins 30 mins 1-2 Persons
Ingredients Of Thai Brinjal Curry Recipe
- 4-5 Brinjal (sliced)
- 2-3 cloves garlic(chopped)
- 1 small onion(diced)
- 2 tsp OrientAsian Thai Green Curry Paste
- 2 tsp tamarind water
- 1 ½ tsp garam masala powder
- 3 tsp oil
- Salt to taste
- ¼ cup water
- 4-5 karffir lime leaves
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 ¼ cup water
- 1 cup rice (washed and kept aside)
- Salt to taste
Method To Cook Thai Brinjal Curry Recipe
- Marinate the sliced brinjal with salt, 1 tsp garam masala, and 1 tsp oil.
- Set it aside. Marinate the sliced brinjal with salt, 1 tsp garam masala, and 1 tsp oil.
- Set it aside. In a pan heat 1tsp oil and fry the brinjal for 2 min on each side.
- Take the brinjal out of the pan and keep aside.
- Now in the same pan add remaining 1 tsp oil and added slice garlic.
- Once the garlic begins to change colour add the diced onions. Add some salt and ½ tsp garam masala.
- Sauté them for a couple of min and add. Now add the tamarind water.
- After it’s cooked for 2 min add 2 tsp of the OrientAsian Thai Green Curry Paste.
- Add ¼ cup water. Let the curry simmer.
- Take it off the stove once done. In a wok take 1 cup coconut milk and 1 ¼ water, add kaffir lime leaves.
- When this mixture begins to simmer add the rice and mix well. Add salt to taste.
- Now cover the wok and let the rice cook on medium flame.
- The rice will take about 10-14 min to cook.
Plate the rice and set the fried brinjal next to the rice and pour the curry on top of the brinjal. Serve Hot. If Brinjal is not one of the vegetables you eat, then, by all means, replace it with slivered okra or sliced potatoes, only potatoes will take longer to cook. Do follow the same process of frying the vegetables. Nov- veg lovers can replace the veg with chunks of boneless chicken or prawn. Coconut rice can be enjoyed by itself with some interesting pickles on the side. Enjoy the delectable taste of this dish by simply following this Thai Brinjal Curry Recipe. Explore more such delicious recipes with our products like Corn Cheese Balls, Indonesian Chicken Curry on our Asian Food Recipes page.
How quick can I make Brinjal Curry recipe?
You can make Brinjal curry recipe within 45 minutes total. This 45 minutes is calculated by adding 15 minutes of prepartion time and 30 minutes of cooking time.
What are the major ingredients of Brinjal curry recipe?
The major ingredients of Brinjal curry recipe are Brinjal, garlic cloves, onion, tamarind water, Thai green curry paste (if you want to make a Thai version),garam masala powder, oil, water, and salt.
Why have we paired this brinjal curry recipe with coconut rice and not plain rice? What else can we pair this curry with?
We have given a twist to traditional brinjal curry recipe with Thai green curry paste to evoke Thai flavours in it. Since it’s a slightly tangy and mildly spicy curry we have paired it with coconut rice, which adds balance to our Brinjal Curry recipe with its creamy texture and also gives a coconut flavour to the dish. You can pair this brinjal curry with Chapatis, parathas, and plain rice too!
Can you use any other curry paste other than Thai green curry paste in this brinjal curry recipe?
Yes indeed! You can use any other curry pastes to give a delicious flavour and create a unique brinjal curry recipe of your own. We have a variety of curry pastes like Indonesian curry paste, Malaysian curry paste, etc which you can replace with the Thai curry paste and create your own version of the recipe.
Currently I don't have access to Tamarind water. Is it compulsory to use in this Brinjal curry recipe? If yes can I replace it with other ingredient?
Its okay if you don’t have access to tamarind water currently.You can make this brinjal curry recipe without it too.However if you wish to make your curry a bit more tangy then you can use a lit bit of lime juice mixed with equal quantity of brown sugar as substitute for the same.
I wish to make this brinjal curry in large quantity. In what quantity should I use the ingredients?
We have mentioned the quantity of each ingredient in detail in this brinjal curry recipe which we made considering a serving of 2 persons. You can accordingly measure the quantity of ingredients as per your requirements.
What People Say...
“ Tried Thai Green Curry paste and was literally bowled over by its authentic traditional Thai taste. To my surprise, the contents of the paste were 100% vegetarian. ”
- Tanya Singhania
“ The easy-to-use red chilli paste is my queen ingredient for all kinds of spicy dips, spreads and curry base. ”
- Jyoti Alave
“ My Malaysian chicken curry was an instant hit with all the guests who were not only pleased with its smooth texture but its rich aroma too. ”
- Vijay Deshmukh
“ My friend recommended OrientAsian's curry pastes and so I decided to try them out. I must say I am addicted to them and keep going back for more. They are just so delicious! ”
- Michelle D'souza
6th Floor, Ivanhoe, 139 Backbay, Reclamation, Mumbai – 400021