The Only Frittata Recipe You’ll Ever Need
A Frittata is a classic Italian dish that is made with eggs as the prime ingredient. It is quite similar to a crustless quiche or an omelette in general. The additional ingredients in an egg frittata are usually a variety of meats, vegetables, and cheeses. Nowadays, with the globalization of cuisines, an egg frittata recipe is also different when you go from one country to another. Since it is an Italian classic, the literal meaning of “frittata” is “fried.” The original word is friggere. It was a word in Italian for anything that needed cooking in a skillet.
Presently, there are so many types of frittata or fried eggs from all over the world. In this article, we will talk about one of the most delicious frittatas recipe that belongs to Malaysia. Using the Orient Asian Malaysian curry paste, you can make the most delicious vegetable frittata recipe. Other than that, you can check out the whole range of spicy, curry pastes to give your own Asian twist to your breakfast eggs every day.
Over the last five decades, an egg frittata recipe has become one of the closes variations of a typical Italian “open-face omelet.” Let us now check out the Asian variety of an easy frittata recipe from the blog.
Malaysian Style Egg Frittata Recipe
- Vegetable oil- 2 teaspoons
- Onion- 1 medium size (chopped)
- Bell peppers- 1 cup (chopped)
- Salt- to taste
- Zucchini- ½ cup (chopped)
- Mixed herbs- 1 teaspoon
- Malaysian curry paste– 2 teaspoons
- Coriander leaves- 2 teaspoons (chopped)
- Eggs- 4 nos.
- Cheese (of your choice)- 2 teaspoons
- Baking bowl
- Oven (for baking)
- Non-stick frying pan
- Mixing bowl
- Take a non-stick frying pan and add two teaspoons of vegetable oil into it.
- Now add a cup of chopped onions, and stir to make it sweat. You have to see that the onions become translucent, and not become golden brown or caramel. The colour that we are wanting here is pink.
- To the onions, you have to add the chopped bell papers. You can use different colour bell papers to make the dish look beautiful.
- Add a pinch of salt or as per your taste. Be careful because we are going to add salt to the eggs later as well.
- Stir well, and add the chopped zucchini to the mixture.
- Now, it is time for more seasoning. So, add the Italian mixed herbs and of course the Malaysian curry paste. This ingredient is indispensable if you are looking out for the delicious Asian twist to the frittata.
- Add the chopped coriander leaves for some added freshness and flavour.
- Now, take a separate mixing bowl and crack in four eggs (room temperature because that is easy to whisk in)
- To the eggs add a pinch of salt, black pepper, and some grated cheese, and whisk very well till the yolks and whites are more diluted
- Now to the egg mixture add the sauteed vegetable and mix well
- Take a small baking bowl and add the whole liquid mixture to it, and also add some grated cheese to cover the top
- Put the baking bowl into the oven and set the temperature at a 150-degree celsius for 20 minutes
- Now the frittata is ready to serve and eat.
Some Of The Best Breakfast Egg Dishes From All Over the World
Irrespective of which part of the world you belong to, breakfast is undoubtedly a very important part of the day. Now that you are aware of a frittata, and that too Asian style, why not enhance your knowledge. So, here is a list of some of the best breakfast egg recipes from all over the world.
Deviled Eggs From Italy
While the word ‘deviled’ is mostly common in the South, the Italian deviled eggs traces back its origin to ancient Rome. The Devil part comes from juicy, red tomatoes that are a typical ingredient in almost all Italian dishes.
Swiss Cheese And Broccoli Quiche From Europe
This one is a very easy quiche made with Swiss cheese, broccoli, and eggs of course. It is not just for breakfast, but also for elaborate brunch events. They look beautiful and taste even better. Plus, the best serving suggestions are with a little bit of fresh salad, and a glass of refreshing mimosa.
Breakfast Tortillas From Mexico
An awesome idea for breakfast, brunch, and even lunch at times, a delicious egg tortilla is unbeatable. Sometimes, all you need for a weekend’s fancy breakfast is a beautiful tortilla. With a filling of veggies, a beautiful sauce, some meat, and scrambled eggs are what dreams are made of. You can further add our Mexican salsa to add a unique twist to your dish. Plus a sweet potato mash and black bean paste can uplift the flavours even more.
Shakshuka From The Middle East
A delicious bonding of onions, tomatoes, and sunny side up eggs, a shakshuka is a match made in heaven. The bright red gooey egg dish with some cheese on top will take you straight to breakfast heaven. Plus, this one is totally gourmet and looks awesome for brunch and holidays too. Aside from some focaccia or sourdough bread with a drizzle of olive oil is the best side with the beautiful shakshuka.
Eggs Benedict From America
People started eating the eggs benedict from the USA’s famous Waldorf Hotel a century back, and since then it is one of the breaky classics ever. With a drizzle of creamy hollandaise sauce, breakfast cannot get better than that. Placing the perfectly poached eggs with a runny centre on breakfast muffins is quite tricky. However, it can go pretty well with some practice.
All that you see in the blog here is eggy and delicious. You can start trying recipes from here for egg-cellent breakfast every single day! We also have a dedicated blog for quick breakfast recipes as well as a blog on besan chilla recipe, don’t forget to check the same.