This is an Indonesian Gado Gado salad recipe with very interesting flavours and texture. This salad has a unique dressing very different from the regular citrus-infused dressing. Gado Gado salad has a peanut butter dressing and it is promoted as one of the top five Indonesian national dishes. Although it’s a salad, it’s a full meal in itself. Our Indonesian Gado Gado Salad Recipe is protein-rich and fits the low carb diet perfectly. Explore more delicious recipes with our products like Indonesian Chicken Curry Recipe, Chicken Satay Recipe on our Asian Food Recipes page.
Prep Time Cook Time Serves
20 mins 10 mins 1-2 Persons
Ingredients of Gado Gado Salad Recipe
- ¼ cup Chinese cabbage shredded
- 1 small cucumber sliced
- 1 small carrot grated
- 10-12 french beans, blanched
- 1 large potatoes boiled and grilled
- 2 boiled eggs
- 2 tsp fried onions
- 2 tsp toasted peanuts
Method Of Gado Gado Salad Recipe
- In a bowl mix powdered jaggery, red chilli powder, peanut butter and coconut milk and mix well.
- Now add the OrientAsian Indonesian Curry Paste and mix. Squeeze half a lemon and mix well. The dressing is ready.
- In a dish plate the all the vegetables one by one, followed by halved boiled eggs.
- Add the fried onions to the dish.
- Now drizzle half of the dressing onto the vegetables and eggs and keep some on the side.
- Add toasted peanuts.
The original salad calls for fish crackers for a nice crunch. Try this Indonesian Gado Gado salad at home and give yourself a nice pat on the back, coz you deserve it! We’ve got a range of Curry pastes, Chutneys, and Sauces including Sri Lankan curry paste, Red Chilli Paste, etc which are endlessly adaptable to your tastes.
What People Say...
“ Tried Thai Green Curry paste and was literally bowled over by its authentic traditional Thai taste. To my surprise, the contents of the paste were 100% vegetarian. ”
“ The easy-to-use red chilli paste is my queen ingredient for all kinds of spicy dips, spreads and curry base. ”
“ My Malaysian chicken curry was an instant hit with all the guests who were not only pleased with its smooth texture but its rich aroma too. ”
“ My friend recommended OrientAsian's curry pastes and so I decided to try them out. I must say I am addicted to them and keep going back for more. They are just so delicious! ”