This is an Indonesian Gado Gado salad recipe with very interesting flavours and texture. This salad has a unique dressing very different from the regular citrus-infused dressing. Gado Gado salad has a peanut butter dressing and it is promoted as one of the top five Indonesian national dishes. Although it’s a salad, it’s a full meal in itself. Our Indonesian Gado Gado Salad Recipe is protein-rich and fits the low carb diet perfectly.
Prep Time Cook Time Serves
20 mins 10 mins 1-2 Persons
Ingredients of Indonesian Gado Gado Salad
- ¼ cup Chinese cabbage shredded
- 1 small cucumber sliced
- 1 small carrot grated
- 10-12 french beans, blanched
- 1 large potatoes boiled and grilled
- 2 boiled eggs
- 2 tsp fried onions
- 2 tsp toasted peanuts
- 1 tsp powdered jaggery or palm sugar
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tsp OrientAsian Indonesian Curry Paste
- ½ lemon, squeezed
- 3 tbsp coconut milk
- Salt to taste
- In a bowl mix powdered jaggery, red chilli powder, peanut butter and coconut milk and mix well.
- Now add the OrientAsian Indonesian Curry Paste and mix. Squeeze half a lemon and mix well. The dressing is ready.
- In a dish plate the all the vegetables one by one, followed by halved boiled eggs.
- Add the fried onions to the dish.
- Now drizzle half of the dressing onto the vegetables and eggs and keep some on the side.
- Add toasted peanuts.
The original salad calls for fish crackers for a nice crunch. Try this Indonesian Gado Gado salad at home and give yourself a nice pat on the back, coz you deserve it!
What People Say...
“ Tried Thai Green Curry paste and was literally bowled over by its authentic traditional Thai taste. To my surprise, the contents of the paste were 100% vegetarian. ”
“ The easy-to-use red chilli paste is my queen ingredient for all kinds of spicy dips, spreads and curry base. ”
“ My Malaysian chicken curry was an instant hit with all the guests who were not only pleased with its smooth texture but its rich aroma too. ”
“ My friend recommended OrientAsian's curry pastes and so I decided to try them out. I must say I am addicted to them and keep going back for more. They are just so delicious! ”