Honey Garlic Chicken Recipe
When the honey garlic chicken recipe consists of both chicken breasts as well as thighs, you are just a few minutes away from having the most mouth-watering honey garlic chicken dinner that your entire family would love! It makes for the perfect dish when you want to have something sweet with a touch of savouriness. It doesn’t get any better than crispy, sticky skin, yummy sauce, and perfectly cooked chicken!
This super easy honey chili chicken recipe includes a crispy-tender chicken with that perfect glaze! Crispy honey chicken recipe,
the sauce which makes the base for this delish honey glazed chicken recipe is not only yummy but it’s so satisfying to watch it turn into bubbles and a perfectly balanced sweet, garlicky syrup.
But well, your mouth would start to water when you watch the sauce simmer all around the chicken and coat it perfectly! The bonus of this amazingly tasty recipe? You’d have so much sauce that you can even drizzle some over to rice or steamed broccoli!
What should you choose – chicken breasts or chicken thighs?
Chicken thighs are the best choice when it comes to this recipe since dark meat is not only packed full of flavor but is also super moist. However, if you want you can also make this recipe using chicken breasts because they taste incredible in this sauce too!
Do you know the best part about this honey lemon chicken recipe? You’d already have all the ingredients needed in your kitchen! Just a few ingredients are required to make that perfectly salty to sweet honey garlic sauce which would make you lick your fingers after every bite you take!
1. 6 chicken thighs, either bone-in or bone out, and with or without skin
2. 6 crushed garlic cloves
3. ⅓ cup honey
4. 2 teaspoons garlic powder for seasoning
5. ¼ cup water or chicken broth
6. 1 tablespoon soy sauce
7. 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar or any other white vinegar
8. Salt and pepper for seasoning
Honey garlic chicken recipe
1. Season chicken with garlic powder, salt, and pepper and set it aside
2. Heat a skillet or pan over medium heat
3. Sear chicken breast fillets or thigh fillets on both sides until they turn golden brown and cooked thoroughly
For bone-in the thighs:
1. Reduce the heat once you sear on both sides. Cover the skillet or pan with a lid and continue to cook until the chicken is cooked thoroughly
2. On the other hand, keep turning every 5 minutes until it is done
3. Also drain the excess oil from the skillet or pan and leave about 2 tablespoons of the pan juiced to get extra flavor
For the sauce:
1. When the chicken is cooked thoroughly arrange them skin side up on the pan if you are cooking
2. Add garlic between the chicken and fry until you smell the fragrance, roughly about 30 seconds
3. Add honey, soy sauce, vinegar, and water
4. Increase the heat to medium-high and continue cooking until you notice the sauce reducing down
5. Garnish it with some parsley and serve over vegetables, salad, pasta, or rice
For chicken breasts:
1. Use 3 breasts that are sliced horizontally in half
2. Sear the breast fillets on both sides until they are cooked golden brown, this would take about 6 minutes for each side depending on the thickness of your fillets
3. Follow the same directions from the sauce onwards
For oven-baked, bone-in thighs
1. Preheat the oven at 200°C or 400°F
2. Sear the chicken in an oven-proof pan or skillet with the skin side down for the first 3 minutes
3. Flip and then sear again for 3 minutes until it turns brown on both sides
4. Bake it in the oven for about 20 to 25 minutes until it is completely cooked and is no longer pink from inside
5. Moreover, follow the same directions from the sauce onwards
What to serve with the honey garlic chicken recipe?
So you’re done cooking your favorite honey garlic chicken recipe and are left with plenty of sauce. You can drizzle it over veggies or soak it into rice, or just anything that you serve it with! The sauce’s flavor is strong enough that a little bit of the quantity would go a long way!
Even though the sauce has soy sauce in it, it is versatile to go well with fried rice and even with macaroni salad! Also our Momo Sauce would turn out great with this recipe. This honey garlic chicken recipe is a magic recipe with just 5 key ingredients and makes for the perfect and quick dinner when you have busy nights. It’s awesome how just an amalgamation of few ingredients transforms into a yummy sauce for chicken!
Also, here’s a bonus tip!
You can add Orient Asian Momo Sauce or the honey garlic sauce to any protein – be it beef, lamb, pork, prawns, shrimp, or even tofu! Do try out this delightful recipe and give your taste buds a pure indulgence.